Please read the basic information about academic conduct cases before using the link at the bottom of this page to submit case materials.

When an instructor has observed an alleged violation of the academic integrity code, the instructor will produce the academic complaint information and secure a second opinion supporting submission of the complaint by having it reviewed by either the department head or another faculty member in the department or program. That faculty member’s support is either mentioned in the instructor’s memo or the supporting faculty member writes a separate statement to be included in the complaint materials listed below.

Complete case materials consist of:

  • A signed letter on department letterhead with a detailed description of the incident that includes; the course name/number, the name(s) of the student(s) involved, the specific assignment and the percent value in the final grade, the allegation with an overview of complaint documents (e.g., test, quiz, paper, identified sources of plagiarism, etc.), be sure to either mention having secured support from your department head or other department faculty member or have that person write her/his own letter to include in the documents you submit.
  • A copy of the course syllabus.
  • Any other relevant information or documents.**

**If color is important to the evidence, please scan in color. Maximum 12 megabytes per file.

The dean assigned to the case will be in contact with the submitting instructors to confirm receipt of the complaint materials, ask and respond to any questions, and provide an overview of the process moving forward. The student may have two meetings with the case administrator; the first meeting is to provide them with the case information and review policies and procedures. Students may choose a second meeting if they have not made a decision, where they decide to accept or deny responsibility. In cases where a student denies responsibility, the complaint moves to a hearing with the Student Affairs Committee that includes the professor. In those circumstances, the class dean will be in contact with the professor to discuss hearing procedures. A complete guide for students on  Academic Conduct can be found in the Student Handbook.

Submit an academic conduct complaint to the case administrator